In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an
unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

-Diego Marchi

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Four L's

There are the five W's (and an "H") and, in theory, those are the questions a person should ask to learn about something. It's how they taught us journalism and research techniques in elementary school.


For me - and for the basis of this blog - there are the Four L's. Living, Learning, Laughing, and Loving. As adults (and probably even as children, although at that point, we probably aren't to the point of rationalizing or thinking ourselves into a corner like we are as adults), we often find ourselves contemplating the "big picture," the "meaning of life," the "am I where I'm supposed to be" of it all. Those are pretty heady things to think about. And they can drive you crazy if you think too hard about them or for too long.


For me, it all comes down to perspective, common sense, and attitude (the three things that my flight training officer at Officer Training School said would make us excellent officers...he was right...those things and the ability to listen). Sometimes I forget these things; sometimes I forget my blessings; sometimes I get into a dark place where it's the world against me...When I'm there, it's hard to remember perspective, common sense, and attitude and the importance of the four L's...but when I'm not there, it's really quite a blissful way to live life. I'm working on remembering these things and living a life of balance so my times "on the dark side" are minimized and I can enjoy this life. Enjoy my family. Enjoy my friendships. Enjoy my health. Enjoy all that mother nature gives us in this beautiful area of the world and others to which I might travel. So it's on these premises (perspective, common sense, and attitude) that I write my thoughts in this blog.


My goal here is to share my thoughts and ideas on living, laughing, and loving and to hear others' perspectives - and learn from them.


So, welcome to my blog! I hope to hear from you often!

No comments:

Post a Comment