In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an
unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

-Diego Marchi

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reflection and Gratitude in the rain

It's been rainy the past couple days. Really rainy. So rainy, there are cars submerged in Reston. So rainy our shuttle from work (my first time taking the shuttle to and from work) was 1.5 hours late (they're supposed to come every 20 minutes). Doesn't sound like much to be happy about or grateful for, right? Wrong.

I'm happy to have come home to a clean condo and grateful for the folks who clean it for me every two weeks. I'm grateful that I can afford to pay others to clean my house instead of taking my "free" time to do it.

I'm really happy that I have an option to NOT drive to work and I'm really really really grateful for the patient soul who drives our shuttle van! I'm 99% sure that the reason it took 1.5 hours to get to the office from the Metro to pick us all up was the ungodly amount of traffic leaving the metro. There may have even been traffic lights out, I dunno. But I ABHOR driving. I abhor it even more when traffic isn't moving. So I'm thankful that there are people in this world who deal with that better than I do and that they are patient and careful drivers to make it to and from the various shuttle stops. I'm even pleased and happy and grateful that my coworkers who were my fellow shuttle riders didn't attack the driver for being so late. Totally unavoidable and he did a damn good job in my book.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to look inward and see beauty in everything. Taking pointers from you, Alden!

    ReplyDelete