In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an
unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.

-Diego Marchi

Monday, September 5, 2011

Ten Things I Can Do Every Day

I've been reading The Happiness Project (Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun) and will be starting a happiness project of my own (albeit probably on a smaller scale). One of the things in the author's (Gretchen Rubin) Happiness Project blog listed "Ten Things I Can Do Every Day." The idea is to have a list of things that you aim to accomplish and that you are pretty sure you can accomplish every day. That way, if you get home at the end of the day and don't feel like you've accomplished ANYTHING, you can feel secure that you've accomplished at least TEN things! Here are my ten:


  1. Kiss Mark good morning and good night.
  2. Floss.
  3. Communicate directly with at least one friend or relative.
  4. Drink at least two liters of water.
  5. Smile. Brighten someone's day.
  6. Learn one new thing.
  7. Go to bed with no dishes in the sink.
  8. Avoid gossip.
  9. Wake up at the first alarm.
  10. Keep myself comfortable (food, warmth, bathroom, water, etc.). No waiting a million years to go the bathroom "just to get...(insert task here)...done."

No comments:

Post a Comment